Terms & Conditions
1. Who we are
- We are the Festivals Edinburgh Limited, a company limited by guarantee and incorporated in Scotland (No 331673) which is the umbrella organisation for the city’s major festivals. VAT registration number GB 925 597 485.
- Our principal place of business is at Business Centre 2.6, Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG. The main telephone number for our office is 0131 529 7970. Please remember that throughout the terms that follow, unless otherwise stated, when we mention ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, etc, we mean Festivals Edinburgh Limited. When we refer to ‘you’ we mean the user and/or browser of our website.
2. About these terms and conditions
- You are reading the terms and conditions for: (a) use of the Edinburgh Festivals website (www.edinburghfestivalcity.com). (b) advertising in (including but not limited to) the Website;
- By accessing any part of the Website or booking advertising with us, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full and they form a legally binding contract between us and you. If you do not accept the terms and conditions or any part of them you should immediately: (a) stop using the Website. (b) contact us to remove your advert. If you breach any of these terms and conditions, your permission to use the Website or order an advert automatically terminates. These terms and conditions apply from first use of the Website.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time in order to reflect changes in: (a) the registration process; (b) terms relating to usage of advertising. These changes will take effect from the date of posting on the Website. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue to use the Website. Your continued use of the Website or failure to advise us to remove your advert or show, will mark your acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions.
- We may from time to time display additional terms and conditions on the Website - for example, in connection with a specific promotion or the sale of goods or services. If the terms and conditions for use of the Website should conflict in any way with such additional terms then the additional terms will prevail.
3. About copyright in our Website
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in and to all images, graphics, text, applets, scripts and other material or content on, or part of the Website (the ‘Website information’ are owned by us or our licensors unless otherwise stated. You may view the Website information in a web browser or on your mobile phone or handheld device for private browsing purposes only. Copying Website information into a computer cache or storage device for private on- or offline browsing purposes is also permitted, provided that:(a) no modifications are made to the Website information;(b) text is copied in its entire context;(c) no graphics on the Website used separately from the corresponding text; and (d) all relevant copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies. You may not make a copy in whole or in part of the Website information, for any other purpose without our prior written consent, which may be granted at our discretion (or where we do not own the copyright, we will direct you to the owner themselves for such consent). Nothing in these terms and conditions or on our Website constitutes a licence to use, copy or distribute the Website information except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions. For avoidance of doubt we (or our licensors as the case may be) shall own the copyright in any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
- If you breach any of these terms and conditions, your permission to browse, download or print information from the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
- Occasionally, we may publish images or text for which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is done, and where practicable, we acknowledge the copyright owner.
4. About trade marks on our Website
- Unless otherwise stated, the trade marks displayed or referred to on the Website are owned by us or our licensors.
- Where practicable, we acknowledge the owners of all other trade marks which are referred to on the Website.
5. About the accuracy of information
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on the Website is correct and up to date, such information is provided ‘as is’ and we make no representation, endorsement or warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. We will not be liable for any action taken (or not taken) in reliance upon the information on the Website, and such action is taken entirely at your own risk. We reserve the right to make changes to the Website information in order to correct any errors or omissions (or at our discretion) without notice and without liability to you.
- External websites to which we provide hypertext links are not under our control, and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content.
- It is a feature of the Website that much of the information contained therein is contributed by many different third parties and we do not control those parties or their information. Opinions expressed within the Website information are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent our opinions.
- In the unlikely event that you find any inaccurate information on the Website or have any complaints about what we have published, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate on receipt and take such action that we, in our sole discretion, determine as being appropriate, having regard to all the circumstances.
6. About the internet, service interruption, viruses, etc
- We and all other web publishers have no control over the Internet, which is a global public network of computers and the method by which you access our Website. As a consequence, and in common with most web publishers, we take no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through the Website.
- Whilst we endeavour to make the Website available at all times, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to the Website may be suspended without notice for any reason including (but not limited to) system failure, maintenance or repair.
7. About personal data and our privacy statement
- Where appropriate, we collect and hold your name, email address, and similar information relating to you, which will hereafter be referred to as ‘personal data’.
- If we have received your permission to do so, we will from time to time use personal data to inform you of our latest news, information, services, offers, etc, and the offers or services of third parties.
- Our guiding principle is that your personal data is only held to allow us to support and improve your customer relationship with us. If you have any concerns about our use of your personal data, please email email@example.com. We will investigate complaints, act on emails claiming unjustified exploitation of data, and take such further action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
8. Purchasing Tickets
- When purchasing tickets on individual festival websites, you are governed by their own individual booking and ticketing terms and conditions. You must contact the festivals individually to clarify these terms and conditions as they vary by festival.
9. Advertising Terms
- There are advertising opportunities on the Website.
- All advertising queries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to +44 (0)131 529 6763.
10. About our liability to you
- So far as lawfully possible, Festivals Edinburgh excludes all liability to you or any third party whether arising in contract, delict (negligence) or otherwise in connection with:⦁the use, inability to use, or the results of use of, the Website; ⦁any websites linked to the Website or the material on such website;⦁your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website; or⦁viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website.
- Festivals Edinburgh may transfer their rights and obligations under any contract made with you under these terms and conditions to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or Festivals Edinburgh’s obligations under these terms and conditions.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms and conditions to another person if Festivals Edinburgh agrees in writing.
- Each of the clauses of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent possible.
- If Festivals Edinburgh fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or if Festivals Edinburgh does not enforce its rights against you, or delays in doing so, that will not mean that Festivals Edinburgh has waived its rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If Festivals Edinburgh do waive a default by you, it will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that it will automatically waive any later default by you.
- We are situated in Scotland and the law of Scotland shall govern any interpretation of these terms and conditions. The Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes between us (if you are a consumer, subject to any non-excludable rights you may have to bring claims in your own jurisdiction).