Registration Supervisor (fixed term)
- £420 per week (35 hours).
- Closing date:
- 26 January 2022
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society is the charity that was established by artists to act as the custodian of the Fringe. We exist to support, advise and encourage everyone who wants to participate; provide information and assistance to audiences; and celebrate the Fringe and what it stands for all over the world.
We are committed to ensuring that the Fringe deepens its roots within the city, working with city communities and the education sector to address isolation and cultural exclusion. We are also keen to strengthen the Fringe’s connections across the world to ensure this festival provides a global platform for creativity and freedom of expression, and the best global showcase for artists from Scotland and all over the UK.
Purpose of the Role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced individual to the position of Registration Supervisor, who will report to and work closely with the Venues and Registration Manager.
This role sits within the Artist Services team and exists to assist artists and street performers in the registration of their shows with the Fringe Society, prepare and proof data (listings information, ticketing information, accessibility information and advertising) for the printed Fringe Programme and edfringe.com, ensuring production deadlines are met.
Role and responsibilities
You will perform a wide range of duties, including but not limited to:
- assisting the Venues and Registration Manager with the recruitment of Programme and Registration Assistants
- leading on the training and day-to-day management of the team, including the daily assigning of tasks
- providing a high level of customer service and show registration advice to Fringe artists and street performers
- ensuring that the high volume of email enquiries are promptly responded to in a clear and professional manner
- managing the submission of show copy and data into Edfringeware, the Fringe Society’s show registration database, and producing status reports for internal departments
- communicating conditions of registration and managing venues and companies' adherence to them
- overseeing show sign-off for inclusion on edfringe.com and liaising with the Fringe Box Office to prepare shows for ticketing, and keeping show listings on edfringe.com up to date until the publication of the printed programme
- assisting with reviewing, editing and proofing copy for the Fringe programme and other Fringe publications where needed
- assisting the Venues and Registration Manager with managing the administration of artist advertising
- assisting the Venues and Registration Manager with the process of gathering and checking all the information for any enhanced performances happening during the Fringe
- troubleshooting any issues as they occur during an intensive, time critical production process
- providing liaison and relationship management with key stakeholders throughout the registration process including venue managers.
How to apply
- Download: the full job description HERE
- Apply: through the online careers portal HERE [please note that only applications submitted via our careers portal will be considered]
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 26 January 2022
We use positive action under section 159 of the Equality Act in relation to disability or race. This means that if we have two candidates of equal merit in our process, we will seek to take forward the D/deaf, disabled, Black, Asian or ethnically diverse candidate in order to diversify our staff team.