Festival City Volunteers
Would you like to help to welcome visitors to the Edinburgh Festivals? Be part of our Festivals Family and become a Festival City Volunteer! We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist us in August 2017. We have vacancies for Festival City Volunteers, and Festival City Volunteers Team Leaders. Experience is not needed as full training will be given for both roles, and support will be offered throughout your training and volunteering.
Applications open on 11th May and close at midnight on 11th June. Interviews will take place in June. If your application is not successful for the role of Festival City Volunteer, we will help you to find something that is right for you.
The Festival City Volunteer Roles
There are two types of role available: Festival City Volunteers and Festival City Volunteer Team Leaders.
- The Festival City Volunteers will be based at one of our hubs in central Edinburgh. They will work in teams, welcoming visitors to the city of Edinburgh, supporting the Edinburgh Festivals and offering practical advice in areas like accessibility and transport. We will train you for this role and no experience is necessary.
- The Festival City Volunteer Team Leaders will be based at one of our hubs in central Edinburgh. They will supervise a small team of Festival City Volunteers, welcoming visitors to the city of Edinburgh, supporting the Edinburgh Festivals and offering routes to practical advice including accessibility and transport. Our Team Leaders will be selected during the training and induction period and full training will be provided.
For both roles, you will need to be available for:
- 14 hours training which will take place over four half-day sessions during 10th – 21st July
- At least 6 shifts of volunteering during 4th – 28th August (shifts will run from Thursday – Monday and will be 4 hours long).
Festival City Volunteering – What you need to know before you apply:
- You need to be 18 or over by 11th June 2017
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t have experience. We will train you to build confidence, customer service skills and cultural knowledge. We are looking for people who want to develop an interest in arts and culture, and who would like to increase their confidence, connections, skills or employability. We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you have experienced barriers to accessing or working in arts.
- We can help you to balance your shifts with other responsibilities
- If you have a disability or health concern, we can arrange accessible volunteering, including seated roles for people who need them
- We can offer confidential advice and reassurance on concerns you may have about your benefits
- We can offer confidential guidance on concerns you may have about disclosures
- We will provide bus fares within Edinburgh to get you to your volunteer shifts and snacks while you are on duty
- We will provide a free uniform, which is yours to keep
- We will offer ideas and support to help you to achieve your goals, whether they be to build new skills or interests, find a job or to meet new people
- We want you to be part of our Festivals Family and have we have an exciting range of VIP festival experiences waiting for you!
Apply now! Applications open on 11th May and close at midnight on 11th June.
or drop into Volunteer Edinburgh, 222 Leith Walk, EH6 5EQ
or contact Volunteer Edinburgh on firstname.lastname@example.org and 0131 225 0630
If you have any difficulties with your application, please contact Volunteer Edinburgh using the contact details above.