August Festivals Week 3 Round-up
What happened this week at Edinburgh's August Festivals:
- Bill and Joan Davidson flew over from Canada to celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary at The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo after meeting there in 1963. Aw!
- The Edinburgh Festival Fringe was voted the top UK travel experience by travel guide Lonely Planet and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay also made the top 500 list.
- Edinburgh International Festival had a week of World Premieres including a theatre performance of Jackie Kay’s Red Dust Road and MacMillan’s Symphony No.5.
- Famous faces appeared at the Edinburgh International Book Festival this week including Gordon Brown, Ruth Davidson, Casey Gerald and Prue Leith.
- We went to Art late with the Edinburgh Art Festival, a special culture crawl with artists’ talks, hands-on workshops and one-off performances – celebrating the city’s galleries by night. With drinks provided along the way!
Share your Festival City photos via our Facebook group Love Edinburgh Festival City.