Where to relax at the August Festivals
To celebrate National Relaxation Day we’ve put together a list of top spots and events to unwind at the August Festivals:
1. Head down to the water of Leith and explore Sriwhana Spong’s new Edinburgh Art Festival commission presented in an exquisite 18th century neo-classical temple known as St. Bernard’s Well.
2. Relax at one of the Edinburgh International Festival morning chamber concerts. This week Lawrence Brownlee and Iain Burnside perform Schumann’s intimate song cycle and The Sixteen delves into the rich choral opulence of Renaissance Portugal.
3. Start your day in a mindful way. The Fringe are hosting Mindful Mondays at Fringe Central, open to all Fringe participants to use the space to relax and do some morning meditation.
4. Listen to the Shetland Fiddlers perform tunes inspired by the water and wildlife of the Shetland coast at The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
5. Enjoy some green space at Charlotte Square, home to the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Hear from your favourite authors, join in a debate or pick up a good book to enjoy in the gardens.
6. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings at Jupiter Artland and explore exhibitions from the Art Festival and performances from the International Festival.