Edinburgh Festivals Week 1 Round-up
What happened this week at the Edinburgh Festivals:
1. We took a dip at Gateway, an art installation swimming pool by Joana Vasconcelos, presented by Edinburgh Art Festival at Jupiter Artland.
2. The Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force Steel Orchestra showed us how to party at The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and how to fire limbo!
3. We discovered the Fringe Inspiration Machine, an interactive, arcade-style machine that randomly displays videos from Fringe artists to help audiences take a chance on something new.
4. Gustavo Dudamel and the LA Philharmonic wowed us at the Edinburgh International Festival opening concert, with an open-air performance at Tynecastle Stadium with music from Harry Potter, Star Wars and Vertigo.
5. Edinburgh International Book Festival moved into Charlotte Square Garden ahead of the festival commencing on 10 August.
6. We ate A LOT of street food…
7. St. Bernard’s Well opened to the public, displaying new artwork accompanied by a special display of sculptures, sited on the banks of the picturesque Water of Leith.
8. We loved the #FestivalCity even more.