Want to see your face on the big... rock?
Edinburgh International Festival has launched a call for photos of anyone with a strong connection to the Scottish capital, to be projected high onto the walls of the famous Castle Rock.
The projections will play a part in the Standard Life Opening Event: Deep Time (Sunday 7 August, 2016) which will tell the story of Edinburgh resident James Hutton and his pioneering work in geology.
As part of the event, the Festival is looking to celebrate the people who make the city what it is today, and they're looking for the public to email photos, including pics of residents, people born in the city or who have lived here, or those who have a strong emotional or cultural link. In particular, the Festival, hopes to receive photos of people who, for whatever reason, aren't able to make it to the show on 7 August.
Before sharing your photos, please note the following:
- Show your face! The best photos will be portraits showing the subject's head and shoulders.
- The photos can be either casual snaps or professional portraits, both are fine.
- Photos can be taken from phones, digital cameras or even scans of printed pics - please just make sure they're not blurry. The higher the quality of the pic, the better.
- This is to celebrate people with Edinburgh connections, so humans only please!
- One person in each photo please, although do send single shots of a few people if you want.
To submit your photo
- Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your own name, the year the photo was taken, and the name of the subject (if it's not you)
- Please send photos by 5pm, Monday 1 August 2016.
Please note: by sending a photo, you grant permission for the photo to be used in Edinburgh International Festival’s Standard Life Opening Event: Deep Time, royalty free. This image may be used as part of the animation content, in imagery or video of the event, or promotional content or press coverage related to the event and may be edited in order to ensure they fit the necessary format for the animation. Edinburgh International Festival cannot guarantee that your image will be used at the event.
Edinburgh International Festival takes place from Friday 5 to Monday 29 August. Find out more about the Festival, including programme and ticket booking details.
Want news and features about Edinburgh's 12 major festivals delivered straight to your inbox?
Sign up for our regular enewsletters!