Festivals Edinburgh - Administrator
- Closing date:
- 18 September 2019
Festivals Edinburgh wishes to recruit an Administrator to join the team on a permanent basis.
Festivals Edinburgh is the high-level organisation, created and driven by the directors of Edinburgh’s 11 major festivals, to support the festivals by developing and promoting their cultural, social and economic impact.
The work of Festivals Edinburgh is set to grow and we are looking for a dynamic Administrator who can work across our team on office, event and project management. This is a permanent, open ended post.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Planning, organising and delivering internal and external meetings, receptions and events
- Collation and co-ordination of meeting papers
- Attending relevant meetings to take notes and update action plans
- Assisting with researching and creating presentations and reports
- Collecting data from festivals to produce shared information resources
- Planning, co-ordinating and maintaining stakeholder engagement
- Diary management for senior staff
- Planning and booking external travel and accommodation, providing detailed travel itineraries
- Co-ordinating inbound VIP itineraries and liaising with festivals regarding tickets
- Supporting the Festivals Edinburgh Business Planning process and progress
- Managing operations of the office and relationships with office suppliers, under guidance of General Manager
- Co-ordinating company processes, under guidance of General Manager
- Assisting with budgeting and financial administration
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant office administration experience
- Experience of working with SharePoint, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Numeracy skills and strong project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independently
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and observe strict deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to take responsibility, plus a ‘can do’ attitude
This is a full-time, permanent contract, 5 days per week. Normal office hours are 9.30am - 5.30pm.
Please send a CV and covering letter to demonstrating your relevant abilities and outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job to Gary Stewart, General Manager, Festivals Edinburgh on email@example.com
For further information on this role, please download the full job specification.
Deadline: 5pm, Wednesday 18 September
Interviews: Tuesday 1 October